For most people, the idea of Social Service is donating money to a social organization - perhaps an old-age home or an orphanage or similar. This however is the easy part. The difficult part is volunteering one's time to improve society.
When can we make a contribution to society
- During Phase 1 of our lifetime, perhaps up to the age of 35, we are so focused on building our careers, starting our families & establishing a name for ourselves
- During Phase 2 perhaps from age of 35 thru 65, we are the most active in our work, working as a team, being able to significantly contribute to Economic Development
- During Phase 3 perhaps from age 65 onwards, we are most able to contribute our time on an increased basis to social causes
S-E-C at Valingro is all about how we can contribute socially during Phase 2 itself while also handling Economic Development. Towards this, there are 3 areas that each of us can assist by making these a part of our day to day approach :
1. Following discipline in any and everything we do
2. Providing a helping hand to people around us in any way we possibly can
3. Showing the right path forward to people around us
S-E-C in Valingro is primarily done by One-to-One Mentoring as each person encourages & motivates the other, towards a more purposeful & effective lifestyle.
Interview with Warren Buffett